John Robbins is author of the landmark international bestseller Diet for a New America, of the newly released Voices of the Food Revolution, and seven other books that have [between them] sold millions of copies and have been translated into over 30 languages.
The following are questions that John Robbins would ask himself in order to help him develop a relationship with food that would feed his health and his joy:
- Will eating this food propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
- Is this food consistent with my ethics or was it produced in a way that caused unnecessary harm to the earth or to other sentient beings?
- Will eating this food bring me long-term fulfillment or will it bring me only short-term gratification?
- Am I standing in my own integrity and well-being or am I trying to please others?
- Am I feeding my strengths or am I indulging my weakness?
- Will eating this food help me align more fully with my spiritual path or is it a distraction from living a conscious life?
- Will this food add to my life force or will it decrease my vitality?
- Does this choice empower me or not?
- Is this an act of self love or an act of self sabotage?
- Am I coming from faith in myself and in life or from fear?
The beauty of asking yourself these questions regarding food is that if you can be honest in your answers, you will stop and think about the food that you eat, why you are eating certain foods, and make better choices for your health and well-being.