- 12 ounces whole grain penne pasta
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets, washed and dried
- 2 C raw cashews
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp lemon (or lime) juice (~1/2 a lemon or lime)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ C water
- 1-2 tablespoons Rouxbe Wicked Seed & Spice Blend
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine cashews, salt, thyme, lemon (or lime) juice, garlic, 1 cup of broccoli, and about half the water into a Vitamix or other high-speed blender.
- Start with the lowest speed and slowly increase the speed to High
- Blend until creamy and warm, about 2-3 minutes, adding more water if needed to get desired consistency
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of water or olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining broccoli florets.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli softens and turns deep, bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Combine pasta, sauce, cooked broccoli, and seed & spice blend in a large bowl and toss well before serving.
Makes 3-4 servings.