- 2 cups raw cashews, lightly toasted
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 package of your favorite whole-grain pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Place all ingredients except the pasta in a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the sauce and cooked pasta in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Note: if storing, add a thin layer of olive oil over the top to prevent oxidation and preserve the bright green color.