- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (vegan optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until brown.
- Combine all ingredients, including the onions and garlic, in an ungreased 1 ½-quart casserole with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bake, covered, for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until lentils and rice are done, stirring twice.
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings