- 1/2 - 1 cup cashews, ground into a course meal
- 1/2 cup fresh peas, shelled & blanched or frozen & thawed
- 3/4 cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely diced
- 1 cup russet potato, peeled, cubed steamed or simmered until tender, and cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Toss all ingredients together, pressing the potatoes into the mixture until it begins to bind, starting with 1/2 cup ground cashews and adding more as needed
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Place the burgers on a lightly oiled or sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then bake another 6-8 minutes, or until golden on both sides.
- Serve on whole-grain buns with your favorite condiments. Try mango chutney.