- 1 C water
- 1 Tbs lime juice (juice of one lime)
- 1 large roasted red pepper, peeled (or ¼ C canned pimientos)
- ½ C raw cashews
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ C nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix (or other blender) in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select the lowest speed variable (Vitamix variable 1)
- Press start and slowly increase speed to High
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid
Makes 2 ½ cups.
Note: For an excellent variation, combine 1 part “Not-so-cheese” sauce with 1 part light coconut milk for a creamy, smooth, very slightly sweet sauce that’s delicious! You can spice it up by adding a little of your favorite salsa or hot sauce.