- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3-4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts (or substitute raw cashews)
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Grind the macadamia nuts using a Vitamix or mini-food processor until you get a fine consistency (if you're using a Vitamix, you can skip this step and add the nuts in the next step).
- Add water, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and salt and process until creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly.
This salad tastes even better if you can allow it to sit for at least 2 hours before serving.