- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds, toasted (see note below)
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and skin peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional), roasted and skin peeled
- ¾ cup roasted eggplant (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix (or other blender) in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select the “Smoothies” program and allow machine to complete programmed cycle (Vitamix) or select the lowest speed variable, press start, and slowly increase speed to High (if you’re not using a Vitamix). Add water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades
Makes 4 cups.
*Toast raw seeds in a skillet on medium-high heat stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until light brown (or place in a baking pan in the oven at 350 ˚F for 5 minutes or until light brown). Immediately transfer to the blender container to prevent further browning.