- ½ cup dry red or white quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- ¾ cup cooked black beans or lentils
- ¼ red onion, minced
- ¼ cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins (or seedless grapes, halved)
- 2 tablespoons almonds or pepitas, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup Champagne vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl and toss until well mixed (add more vinaigrette if needed).
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and toss to mix.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Oil-Free Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette
I promise, you will NOT miss the oil at all!
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar (or substitute white wine vinegar)
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl until emulsified or puree in a blender or food processor.