- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1 can black beans or chickpeas (or 1 cup cooked beans)
- ¼ red onion, minced
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 3-4 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- ¼ cup Champagne vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions, then let cool.
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl and toss until well mixed (add more vinaigrette if needed).
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and toss to mix.
Oil-Free Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar (substitute white wine or rice vinegar)
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl until emulsified or puree in a blender or food processor.