- 1 bunch of kale, washed and de-stemmed
- ½ cup pecan pieces, raw
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Place the water in a large covered pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and steam for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the pecan pieces in a skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Toast the pecans by shaking the skillet or stirring the pecans until they begin to turn a darker brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the steamed kale, water from steaming, toasted pecans, and salt into a blender and process until smooth.
Makes 1½ - 2 cups