- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or squeezed through a press
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 2 C red cabbage, sliced & cut up
- 2 C roasted vegetables (see "Roasted Vegetables" recipe)
- 1 C pineapple chunks
- ½ C peanuts or cashews
- ¼ C vindaloo paste*
- 1 C light coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbs pure grade B maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- 1 C brown rice
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Sautee onion over medium high heat in a sprayed, non-stick skillet, stirring frequently, until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add broccoli & red cabbage and garlic, and continue cooking until the broccoli and cabbage begin to soften.
- Add the roasted vegetables.
- Stir in the vindaloo paste (or curry powder) to coat the vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, and maple syrup, stirring constantly, to mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in pineapple chunks and peanuts or cashews, and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for another 2-3 minutes. Serve over brown rice.
*Can substitute 2 Tbs curry powder for vindaloo paste
Variation: add or substitute cauliflower or any other desired vegetables. If you don't have roasted vegetables, saute any vegetables you have on hand.